It’s official! On July 16, 2021 at 12:01 a.m., Ontario will enter Step Three of the Roadmap to Reopening. There are many new changes – including indoor activities – and with so much now available, how do you pick what to do first? Never fear! We’re here to help you plan safe and exciting experiences in Vaughan with these new guidelines.
As always, we want you to keep safe with The Safe Travels Stamp. This stamp lets you know the places in Vaughan that have adopted a global standard of health and hygiene protocols to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All of the businesses listed below have received it, and on visitvaughan.ca, you can see the Stamp linked with their profile!
Are you a tourism business who still needs to get the Safe Travels Stamp? We’ve got you covered at VaughanBusiness.ca/consumerconfidence.
ATTRACTING ALL THE FUN
Step Three means some big changes to some of your favourite attractions in Vaughan! Zoos, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens, and other similar outdoor attractions are open with an indoor capacity limit of 50 per cent and an outdoor capacity limit of 75 per cent, for ticketed areas, with other restrictions. Amusement parks and waterparks have a limited capacity of 50 per cent indoors and 75 per cent outdoors, with additional restrictions, as well.
See below a full list of all that’s available to you now. Be sure to check out their health and safety protocols, and be sure to get your tickets in advance since many require prior reservations!
New for Step Three
- The McMichael Canadian Art Collection is officially opening its doors on July 21, and we can’t contain our excitement! You’ve probably heard us go on and on about their beautiful outdoors trails – which are still available and still beautiful – but now, you can experience all that the gallery has to offer. Be sure to pre-book your tickets and time in advance to get the spot you want.
- You can’t forget Black Creek Pioneer Village, opening on July 17 for guided, small-group families experiences! They have several different tours to choose from: The Best of Black Creek Pioneer Village, the Time Traveler’s Boot Camp, and Nature in the Village. Be sure to check them all out!
- LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre will soon be opening its doors – not just for the retail store, which is already available, but for the indoor attraction! The official date is still being determined, but keep an eye out, as it’ll likely be next week. The indoor attraction will be open Thursday through Monday (and closed on Tuesday and Wednesday) and will have 2-hour Play Time slots for your to select from!
Already available and ready
- Canada’s Wonderland has made a return, along with their waterpark Splash Works! Season passholders and those who wish to purchase tickets all need to reserve a time for entry, so be sure to plan in advance!
- The Kortright Centre for Conservation is open and ready for you, with a variety of different activities that are fun for everyone! And let’s be real, you have to visit just to check out their store with the most delicious maple syrup!
- As always, we have to encourage that you check out the lovely Kleinburg Village. There are so many amazing boutiques and restaurants to discover, including a ton of outdoor patios. In Kleinburg, you can’t miss the McMichael Canadian Art Collection, or any of the beautiful trails like the William Granger Nature Walk, as part of the Great Walks of Vaughan.
- Get your golf on. Eagles Nest Golf Club and Copper Creek Golf Club are open, with restricted offerings. Hit the driving range or book a tee time! Eagles Nest has opened its patio as well for reservations, so you can do more than just get on the green.
PLAN YOUR STAYCATION NOW!
Big changes for accommodations in Step Three! Indoor pools, communal steam rooms, saunas or indoor whirlpools, indoor fitness centres, and other indoor recreational facilities are now open, with restrictions.
The best part? You can save on your Vaughan hotel and use those savings to spend at local businesses to make your trip a memorable one (and this list has some great places to start!). Save $100 off a consecutive 2-night stay booking at participating Vaughan accommodations! You can learn more about it here.
- Novotel Vaughan – Tied for #1 Fav Spot in Vaughan for Accommodations
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Vaughan – Tied for #1 Fav Spot in Vaughan for Accommodations
- Aloft Vaughan
- Courtyard by Marriott Vaughan
- Element by Westin Vaughan Southwest
- Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Vaughan
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan
- Monte Carlo Inns Vaughan
- Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Vaughan
- Staybridge Suites Toronto Vaughan South
- Vaughan Inn
IT’S PATIO SEASON
Now that we’re in Step Three, eating out is a lot easier! Indoor and outdoor dining is allowed, with capacity limited to permit physical distancing of 2 meters, with other restrictions. There are no limits to the number of people per table, and buffets are back! So get those perfect outfits prepared, because restaurants are back in action! Take a peek at these local Vaughan spots who have received the Safe Travels Stamp, so you can feel confident in your choice to visit.
Rather stay home? We feel you. Delivery and takeout are still great options to help support your local Vaughan restaurants
- Asian Legend: Try some delicious northern Chinese cuisine, and you can even order your meals online!
- Ay Caramba Eh!: Someone say tacos? We did!
- Balzac’s Coffee Roasters (Kleinburg & Vaughan Metropolitan Centre): For all of your coffee needs (with some tasty sweet treats, too!)
- Boom Breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but they also serve lunch (and everything in between!)
- Giro D’Italia Ristorante: Named a Vaughan Fav Spot for 2021, you can’t go wrong with their delicious Italian cuisine.
- The Joy Luck Club: Authentic Chinese cuisine, with yummy eats like their customer favourite Szechuan Crispy Beef with green beans.
- Kiss Cake: Calling everyone with a sweet tooth! Check out these amazing looking cakes!
- Quality Cheese: Cheese lovers, unite! Get all of your cheese needs here.
- Orlando’s Restaurant & Grill: Delicious Jamaican cuisine that you absolutely must try (and we totally recommend the Jerked Chicken – yum!)
- Sparkly Japanese Thai: With a specially designed “All You Can Taste” menu, enjoy a wide selection of Asian foods – a must-try for Japanese and Thai food lovers!
- Zizi Trattoria : Delightful Italian dishes and continental favourites that you simply can’t miss – with a patio!
TIME TO SHOP TIL YOU DROP
We know: online shopping just isn’t the same. While it has its benefits, there’s just something about the exploration of it all. So what changes now that we’re in Step Three? Essential and non-essential retailers can be open with capacity limited to permit physical distancing of 2 meters, with additional restrictions. Be sure to follow the health and safety protocols at each location, and don’t forget to #ShopVaughanLocal!
Check out these fabulous retailers, who have all received the Safe Travels Stamp:
- Vaughan Mills, a fan favourite, is open! Be sure to check out their website for the most up-to-date details, and to ensure you’re in the know for all health and safety protocols.
- Have you checked out the Woodbridge Village Farmers Market? Open until October 9, this volunteer-run market believes in the value of community and is a great place to spend a quiet Saturday morning to meet friends and neighbours. Open every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., show your support for local agriculture and your community.
- This is Made, a local one-of-a-kind retailer that supports local artisan, makers and small businesses.
- We’ve already mentioned visiting Kleinburg Village, but it really shouldn’t come as a surprise that we’re here to recommend it yet again. There are tons of beautiful and unique shops for you to check out
NATURE’S ALL YOU NEED
Check out the trails of the Great Walks of Vaughan! There are 12 different ones to explore and you can even download trail maps, get information and see photos beforehand to plan your excursion. Most notable place to check out? Why not North Maple Regional Park! It was voted the #1 Fav Spot by Vaughan residents for the Gardens, Parks and Trail category.
SO WE CAN MEET AGAIN
With Step Three finally here, meeting and event spaces have updated guidelines. Indoor spaces are open at 50 per cent capacity or 1,000 people (whichever is less). Outdoor is open with capacity at 75 per cent or 5,000 people (also whichever is less), and with both indoor and outdoor, other restrictions apply.
Looking for the best meeting and event spaces in Vaughan? Look no further than hostinvaughan.ca. From unique venues to fantastic accommodations, we’ve got you covered.
WANT TO GET THE LATEST?
There are so many things to see and do in Vaughan, so how do you keep track of it all? Follow our Instagram account for the best of what Vaughan has to offer or subscribe to our newsletter. We’ll keep you in the loop, as long as you share your adventures in Vaughan with us by including #VisitVaughan on all of your lovely posts!
At the end of the day: Stay Safe, Vaughan!
Please remember, when visiting any of these locations to do your research in advance. Locations may have limited availability, entry and timing, so be sure to call or email ahead to secure your spot and receive all the details you need to safely discover your local businesses. At all times, be sure to follow safety protocols, including physically distancing yourself from others and wearing a mask or face covering when a distance of two metres cannot be maintained. Learn more at Vaughan.ca/Covid19.